Monday, June 14, 2010

The Lubbock Hot Wings

Hot Wings - Chicken wing section (drumettes and flats) that is traditionally fried without breading and then coated in sauce.

I have to attribute my love for Chicken Wings to the time I lived in Texas, which is most certainly the wing capital of the world. I say this because any Texan has the capability to eat his/her body weight in hot wings. Don't Believe me? Just go to the Texas State fair and experience it first hand at the dozens of BBQ stands. So why Lubbock? Well that goes to Aunt Brenda and Uncle James who gave me this first hand Wing eating phenomenon. Just ten minutes after my fresh batch of Hot wings finished cooking Uncle James had battled the onslaught of juicy/spicy wings and was off to play the trumpet for a special park concert, while the rest of us stared off in a food coma from my chicken tacos (http://seanfood.blogspot.com/search/label/Chicken%20Taco) that accompanied the Hot Wings. So don't mess with Texas! Anyway love you Aunt Brenda and Uncle James and glad I could enjoy the experience with you.

I was a little bit reluctant to post this recipe because I was planning on keeping it a secret, so I left a few ingredients out. If you want the true original wings come find me and I'll be happy to eat some wings with you. I hope you enjoy this recipe! Out of all of my recipes this is the most well known and enjoyed so respect it and treat it as a personal gift from me to you!


24 Wings/drumsticks
2 Bottles Franks Redhot Buffulo Wing Sauce
1 Bottle Masterpiece Hot and Spicy BBQ Sauce
1/2 Bottle Masterpiece Original Sauce
2 Habenero Peppers
2 Tbs Chili Powder
2 Tbs Red Chili Powder
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
1 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tbs Black Pepper

1. Mix Buffulo Sauce, Masterpiece Sauces, Diced Habenero, Chili Powder, Red Chili Powder, Garlic Power, Crushed Red Pepper and Black Pepper together in medium mixing bowl.

2. Arrange Wings/Drumsticks on baking tray lined with Olive Oil and slightly cover with wing sauce. About 3/4 cup of sauce
        Bake in oven for 10-20 min depending if chicken is frozen or dethawd.

3. Remove chicken from oven and pour out chicken. Place in chicken wok or a deep Sauteuse Pan. Pour Rest of Wing Sauce into pan with chicken.

4. Cook for 10 minutes covered on medium-high heat. Remove lid and boil out majority of sauce.
        *Stir Occasionally to keep chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

5. Allow 5 Minutes to cool

Drink Of Choice
Name: Fat Tire
Location: Belgium
Type: Amber Ale
Website:www.newbelgium.com/beer/fat-tire

Amber ale. A good all-around beer for any food that isn't sweet -- something sweet will detract from the maltiness in the beer. It complements sandwiches, hearty soups and pizzas. Also a good thirst-quencher for barbecue or Mexican food.

Song Of The Day
Artist: Miike Snow
Song: Black & Blue
Album: Miike Snow
Website: www.miikesnow.co.uk/

  

*Click on the Title to go to the Link of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment